Seagate 500 GB 3.5" Sky Hawk Surveillance Hard Drive
Smart, Safe, Secure Surveillance Hard Drives.
- Only Seagate has been making drives specifically for surveillance storage for ten years. SkyHawk is built to keep systems in the field longer and reduce the need for post-deployment support.
- Network video recorders (NVR)
- Embedded surveillance DVRs (SDVR)
- Hybrid surveillance DVRs
- Surveillance DVRs
- ImagePerfect firmware supports 24 x 7 surveillance-optimized workloads tuned to record 90 percent of the time and play back video footage the remaining 10 percent, and supports more cameras recording at higher resolutions than traditional drives.
- Workload rating of 180TB/year allows SkyHawk to perform reliably in write-intensive surveillance systems-3 x the workload rating of a desktop-class drive.
- NVR-ready design allows drives to maintain performance in RAID and multi-drive systems, giving customers the flexibility to grow with the booming NVR market and scale their systems when more storage is needed.
- ATA streaming support sustains recordings from up to 64 HD cameras for smooth, uninterrupted footage.
- Lower power consumption means a reduction in heat emissions, which improves reliability in surveillance solutions.
- 3-year limited warranty represents an improved total cost of ownership (TCO) with reduced maintenance costs.
See More. Store More.
Optimised for DVRs and NVRs, SkyHawk surveillance drives are tuned for 24x7 workloads. Equipped with enhanced ImagePerfect firmware, SkyHawk helps to minimise dropped frames and downtime with a workload rating 3x that of a desktop drive and IS ready to record up to 90 percent of the time while supporting up to 64 HD cameras.
SkyHawk Is Smart
The innovative ImagePerfect firmware enables smooth, clear video streaming for always-on, 24/7 surveillance environments - helping to ensure your business can always have a formidable layer of protection.
SkyHawk Is Vigilant
- Built to record 90 percent of the time - supports up to 64 cameras
- 180 TB/year workload rating, 3 x the workload of a desktop drive and backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- NVR ready drives deliver robust drive design for multi-drive environments
Give yourself the ultimate peace of mind with SkyHawk surveillance drives and never miss a frame, even in harsh environments. SkyHawk's extreme workload rating, low power consumption and NVR ready design can improve long-term drive reliability. SkyHawk can also reliably perform in operating temperatures - from 0 degree C to 70 degree C - while tarnish-resistant components offer further protection out in the field.
Soar Higher and Longer
SkyHawk is built to scale with your needs and reliably performs in multi-drive systems. Multi-drive surveillance systems can rely on the SkyHawk's RAID-optimised hardware, keeping drives and systems in the field longer.
- NVR ready design enables reliable performance in DVR and NVR systems with 8 plus drives
- Robust drive design in a RAID environment maintains drive performance by improving vibration tolerance
- Standard Model Number: ST1000VX005
- Capacity: 500GB
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- Cache: 256MB
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch
- Power-On Hours (per year): 8760
- Multi-User Technology: 180TB/year
- Number of Drive Bays Supported: 8
What's in the box
1 X Seagate 1TB 3.5" Sky Hawk Surveillance Hard Drive